Monday, June 2, 2014

Laba laba

Monday is laundry day but today, I'm a little lazier than usual. So I started the task late in the morning and finished the coloreds by lunch. The whites could wait 'til after lunch... But then a brownout struck at 12 noon. Oops. So much for that plan. If only I'd gotten over my laziness and finished everything before lunch as usual...

As I did the pre-machine wash ritual (kusot kusot ng kaunti 'pag may time--is that translatable in English?), I regretted my laziness again as I wondered if I'd have to do this batch manually all the way to the end. I squeezed out the soapy water from the last piece of clothing and put it atop the bucket.  

"What do you think? Shall I do it by hand?" I asked my mother who was standing nearby.

"No, let's wait for the lights," she replied. "Just cover it up with a basin."

I took the red basin and placed it atop the bucket. And just like that, I hear the hum of the refrigerator. Yehey! Electricity is back on. Washing machine, here we come!

Lord, thank you for the gift of technology that makes our lives easier. Thank you for the gift of plumbing, clean water, the clothes on our back, laundry detergent and fabric softener. And thank you for electricity coming back on at just the right time. Super thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment