Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's a sign!

  • I attended mass (May 26) and wondered if I should go to the prayer meeting afterwards. So I said to God, "Sige, Lord, if I see my sister somewhere in Greenbelt, I will definitely go to Makati Feast (prayer meeting)". I was imagining I might run into her in whichever restaurant I would be eating in. But no. As soon as I stepped into the restroom, my first stop, lo and behold, my sister was there, very happy to see me.
    Ikaw talaga Lord! Sige na po, a-attend na.
    .
  • The next night, I was feeling that fear again... being hell-bound because of my thoughts (Lord, have mercy!).

    Pet Soc spinning wheel. I assign the butterflies values. Red butterfly means this... blue butterfly means this... green butterfly means forgiveness. Of course, I was hoping for the green. And God assured me once again with a green butterfly.
    .
  • .
  • It's not bible cutting but I feel quite touched that my awesome God who created the universe chooses to speak to me in Pet Soc language. Nothing is too small for Him. Even when I'm makulit (persistent) in my worries, fears and insecurities, masmakulit Siya (He's relentless). Always He tells me He loves me, I'm forgiven. Thank you, Lord!
    .
  • P.S. Please don't go making big life decisions based on a spinning wheel in an FB application, a roll of a dice or a shooting star. Always check with your heart because God could be whispering His will there and instead of listening, we're looking externally. I'm just saying sometimes, when our hearts are watchful and listening, God can use the most familiar and mundane language we understand to whisper to us, I love you.

    Yihee! I love You back, Lord. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment