Thursday, June 12, 2014

Byaheng Tagaytay-Cubao

Yesterday was filled with kilig moments with God...

The dummy for the journal we publish twice a year came the day before and I wanted to finish proofreading it ASAP. So my itinerary was: 1. laundry; 2. Tagaytay (to proofread journal); and 3. back to Manila for the Hillsong United concert at 7:30 pm.



Originally, my intention was to proofread the dummy from 1 pm to 3 pm, and send it to the printer. However, I did not quite manage my time properly. All I could do was pick up the dummy and take the next bus back to Manila. I decided I needed the office laptop with me so I could make corrections right away. So even though I never bring the computer home, I brought it for the first time, despite my own fears about keeping it safe.

As I was on the bus looking down at the bag with worry, I misread the words embroidered on it--Arnold Janssen (it actually says Arnold-Joseph). So I asked for St. Arnold's intercession. 

"This is actually your property," I said to him. "It belongs to one of your sons. I need help to protect it. Please let the bag be unnoticed by criminal elements. Help me to hide the computer so it would not be the first thing seen." (The laptop's whiteness was a stark contrast to the black bag.)

I had mentally discounted the things in my own bag as useful--wallet, kikay kit, alcohol--but after praying, my hand found the folding mermaid bag my cousin gave me for Christmas. Answered prayer! I took it out and used it to cover the white laptop. It was now hidden effectively. I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that St. Arnold was on my side in keeping his son's property safe.

***

Upon reaching Cubao, I noticed there was a chapel area in the mall. After a quick stop at the rest room, I took a seat to attend the 6 pm mass. Part of me had misgivings since I was supposed to be meeting J, my concert buddy for the day. We needed to get in line. But the other part argued, if you really want to worship God, how better to do it than by attending mass? She's still some distance away. There should still be time to get into the concert, especially if the mass is a quick one.

So attend mass I did. =)

After the mass, I replied to J's text and soon we met near the entrance to the concert venue. The timing was okay since she had just arrived. But now we were faced with a lack of organization in the lines. As we wandered about, we ran into another friend from the Feast. D is a wonderful woman of worship, with high spirits, and a ready smile. She adopted us into her group, and allowed us into the line. Blessing!

The next kilig moment came as J and I discussed texting my sister and their friend S who had tickets in a different section. We wanted to let them know where we were exactly and find out where they were. As we looked about, they were right below us, also looking about. Wow! Talk about coordinated seating. Thank you, Lord, for aligning our seats!

Worshiping with friends at the Hillsong United concert was a blast! 

Shine your light and let the whole world see
We're singing for the glory of the risen King, Jesus

Thank you, Lord, for generous sisters who are your instruments in bringing us to worship concerts. Thank you for fellow women of worship with whom we can dance, sing, and maybe even cry with before you in abandon. Thank you for your Spirit without whom we cannot hope to pray. Thank you for allowing everything to fall into place. Thank you for refreshing us. Please continue to draw everyone closer to you. You are the fulfillment of all desire. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment