Saturday, December 14, 2013

Receiving more than what you ask for

At the recently concluded Kerygma Conference, glow sticks were being given out at the end of Sunday's talk. Thinking the colors were probably in the neon greens, pinks, and yellows, I was hoping for a green one---probably influenced by the KCon's motif this year. I had put my glow stick in my bag when I saw there was a blue one... which I realized was what I really wanted, I just didn't know it existed. 

But guess what? When I zipped open my bag's pocket to get fare for the bus, I saw that I had a blue glow stick after all. I got what I really wanted even though I had asked for something else.

Sometimes we pray for this and that but we don't get what we ask for. Sometimes it's because God knows our hearts better than we do. He knows what will truly make us happy. So he says no to the green glow stick request because he knows it's actually the blue one that would delight us most. We just didn't know it was even in the realm of the possible. But God knows all the options that exist. And he knows what is best. Sometimes he'll give it to you even if you didn't ask for it. Wala lang. It's just how he loves--lavishly, wanting only what is best for his children.

Lord, I don't even know what to pray for. But your love is so perfect, there is nothing else for me to do but trust you. Your will be done. Grant me the grace to cooperate fully. I know your perfect will is what will give me that deep and blessed joy only you can give. I trust in you. Thank you for wanting only what is best for me. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment