Saturday, June 8, 2013

Anticipated


Today I asked God if I could have some bananas. It's just that I've been feeling the beginning of cramps every night for the past week. This morning, my "foster" family served fried bananas for breakfast. And my favorite type of banana was on the dining table when I got home. 

***


In class, I wanted to ask our professor "What if someone has been struggling with the same sin for a number of years... does it mean his/her spirituality is inauthentic?"

As he lectured, my question was answered. Though he answered it even more directly after class. The answer is: Christ really targeted sinners; our sinfulness is our brokenness but this is where grace comes in; God might be allowing this thorn in the flesh to keep us humble. In other words, it is very authentic to be struggling with sin.  


Thank you, Lord, for anticipating my requests. Mwah!


No comments:

Post a Comment