Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Close calls

As I was washing the breakfast dishes this morning, I miscalculated and accidentally hit the dish rack with a just-washed glass, which then shattered into so many little pieces. 

While I swept up the little shards of glass, I wondered whether God was trying to tell me something. Was it a punishment because I was weakening in a specific struggle? Or maybe it was a warning?

But then I realized how blessed I was that none of the shards got into my eye. I had closed them just in time--some shards had hit my face and the glittery dust was left as evidence on my black shirt, but I was okay.

Later in the day, my mother and I were having lunch and she shared that she almost hit a car as she was backing out of the grocery parking lot that same morning. She could no longer recall what got her attention but she stopped backing up just in time to avoid a mishap. 

Thank you, Lord, for protecting us, whether we are aware of it (though mostly not). Please continue to keep us and our loved ones under the shadow of your wings. You are our refuge, our sanctuary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment