Saturday, October 5, 2013

The timing of rain

I took my SD out to lunch yesterday to thank him for his time, listening ear, patience, and prayers. We had a hearty lunch of salt-and-pepper pork ribs at Savory, spinach with garlic, and rice. Sarap! Afterward, he treated me to halo-halo at Razon's. Share kami. Yummy talaga!

On the drive back to the seminary, it started to rain really hard. I was grateful to be safe and dry inside the car. Looking back on it, I realized the timing of the rain for the past two days was providential for me. I had left my umbrella in another bag and had gone without it unaware. Yet, I had not needed it whenever I went out of the office to go home for the past two days. The roads would be wet but the downpour would be over. 

Thank you, Lord, for your protection and all the blessings we receive without knowing it. May we increase in our awareness of your lavish love, and thus increase also in gratitude and in loving those around us. Please grant that we may love you as you ought to be loved, with all our being... 

Thank you also, Lord, for the blessing of having priest-shepherds in my life, particularly my SD, Fr. C, and my mentor-boss, Fr. R, who celebrates his birthday today. Thank you for the knowledge and wisdom they share so generously. Please continue blessing them, keeping them safe, and using them for your glory. This we pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment