Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A blessing in disguise

Sickness is not normally something I would be thankful for but here I am on the sixth day of chicken pox and grateful for the time it gives me to stay home and just be.

For the past four weeks it has been a struggle to get out of bed on Monday mornings to go to work. This sickness arrived just in time because I really needed a break. 

Saturday was the worst time with my fever at 38.9 but thanks to prayers (special thanks to my SD, Fr. C), the fever broke and was 37.7 the next day. Now, however, the fever is gone and I'm feeling quite normal except for all the pustules. 

I hope I can use this time wisely. God knows what is in my heart and what I would like to do. I just lift the various concerns and desires to Him and hope things will work out according to His will and mercy.

Lord, thanks for making me feel better. But most especially, thank you for giving me this time to rest. It has been such a relief to be home for the past five days. Grant me the grace to do what I otherwise would not be able to prioritize. This I ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment