Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cinderella moment

  • Wow... the sem is almost over and I was not able to blog for four months. I had some adjusting to do, working and studying at the same time. But it was such a privilege. Scholar ako ng Tatay ko sa langit [I'm a scholar of my heavenly father]. The SVD fathers provide the education and the livelihood while the RVM sisters give me a home away from home at their Betania Retreat House. How these things came together, I can only be grateful. May God bless their generosity a hundredfold.  
  • The amazing thing is God never stops. He still continues to surprise me. And the little surprises are what I like best. This is the latest one...


  • After four months of work, I decided I could afford a pair of shoes. So I was at Robinson's Department Store at Festival Mall, Alabang and had picked out a pair of Rusty Lopez shoes. They have this particular type of heel which I find very durable, so I was willing to pay the P600 it would cost.

    When I got to the counter, the register said it cost P199.75. So I pointed it out to the cashier that there might have been a mistake. But it turns out the shoes were on sale. Whoa!!! 60% off!!! Music to a girl's ears!

    I can't help smiling and thanking God... for the past months, I've been carefully watching my budget and wanted to keep my shoes at P200. But the last one I bought at P75 gave out after only a week of use. So I decided I needed to buy something of quality even if it cost a little more. But it turns out, I was still within my P200 budget! Thanks, Lord. I feel like Cinderella after the shoe fit. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment