Monday, December 14, 2015

May God's force be with you

As a Star Wars fan, I was planning to go to the Mall of Asia to have my picture taken in the cockpit of the X-wing on exhibit. I thought I needed a friend to help me take my picture so I was slightly bummed that I did not bump into anyone I knew at Sunday's prayer meeting.

I went to the mall anyway and, happily, the staff were the ones taking pictures. And as I went on my own, I had a solo picture in the cockpit like I had wanted. Yay!

The real blessing was as I was going around the mall, I saw my aunt and two cousins. We had a nice dinner bonding as a result.

*****

Because of my serendipitous meeting with my kin, I invited the younger cousin to join me the next day. She agreed. She was not aware of it but I really needed her company and she was a true blessing to me the next day.

*****

Of course I wanted to watch Star Wars. My college friends and I were planning to watch on day 1. But I lost my desire to watch with them when us early birds were eating together and one of them kept teasing with "spoilers" after I specifically asked him not to. I was not in the mood for that. I left. 

Originally, I had intended to come back, but the idea of watching with the group suddenly felt like too much for me to handle. I was more upset than I had anticipated.


As I made my way to a bus to go home, I knew in my heart I still wanted to watch. I wandered into the mall across the street and lo and behold, the Star Wars tickets were selling at P275 for the 3-D version. And the cinema was almost unoccupied. I think the target market of the mall did not quite match with the target market of the movie.

Wow! Felt so blessed that despite my lack of patience, I was still able to watch the movie at a better price in a very spacious cinema and in 3-D!

*****

Thank you for the protection you provide in the right people at the right time. Thank you for the unexpected blessings and consolations when we are unable to overcome our own weaknesses. Thank you for loving us unconditionally. May your mercy transform us so we may love you back more and more each day and someday be made worthy of your promises. All these we pray in Jesus' name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment