Saturday, May 25, 2013

Raining blessings

When I was a child, there were times when we would arrive at our destination just before the rain would fall. It seemed to happen more when we were on our way to or from church. The general consensus: it was divine intervention... God held off the rain just for us. 

Yesterday, it was raining just before 5 pm... so an officemate suggested we leave together in a tricycle (instead of my usual habit of walking to the highway). Since I had no umbrella, I agreed. But I wondered what I would do when I had to get off. Do I make the carton box I had taken from the library a makeshift umbrella? It was meant for moving day (today) and I needed it to be not soggy. The walk from the gate of the convent to our rented bedspace was long enough to get wet and soggy.

Amazingly, when I got to my destination... no rain. Thank you, Lord!

* * * * *

Blessing 2. I had been alone in the convent's boarding house this summer because my housemates are also students, but unlike me, they have summer vacation. However, the week before I was to move out, the sisters had their week-long retreat and I had two of my former CTS classmates as housemates. We had a bit of bonding time last night. It was such a blessing to have them for company on our last night in the house. Again, thank you, Lord!

* * * * *

Blessing 3. Successful moving out day... My sister and Q_____ helped me out. With 1 box of books, 3 polka dotted bags, 2 Puregold bags, 1 Healthy Options bag, 1 zip lock plastic bag, 2 plastic bags, and 1 canvass bag, she certainly saved me from inconvenient multiple tricycle trips! Thank you, E____, Q_____, and thank you, Lord!

Salamat din po for the blessing of the family I am moving in with. I just lift them up to you and pray for your comfort and consolation.

* * * * * 

Blessing 4. My priest-mentor-boss came down for a surprise visit. Because of an unexpected job offer, I ended up having a brief heart-to-heart talk with him which left me relieved. We are on the same page. Finish the journal. Finish my master's degree. Thank you pa rin, Lord... thank you for the gift of Fr. R, the gift of education, and the gift of affirmation... 

* * * * * 

Blessing 5. I just learned I had my best sem ever... 95 in Wisdom, 99 in Prophetic Lit, 99 in Biblical Apostolate, and 100 in Methodology. Wow! Salamat pa rin, Lord!!!

* * * * * 

Blessing 6. I came home and found a World Vision envelope waiting for me. Apparently, my sponsored child has finished high school! Wow! I only sponsored him for a few years when I still had steady pay but it was gratifying to still receive a congratulatory note from World Vision updating me on his progress. Ang galing naman! Salamat, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment