Thursday, February 7, 2013

Nahum means "consolation"

It's been a while since my last blog but something happened yesterday... one of those answered prayers that come as only God's answers can come.

It all started with a prayer I co-led with a groupmate in our Biblical Apostolate class the day before. The reading was from Mark; the story was about the woman who touched Jesus to be healed. Because this story is a very personal one for me, I knew there was a possibility that I would cry... and true enough, all the emotional things I like to keep inside started leaking out during the prayer, after the class, and even when I was already at the dorm, three hours after class had ended. 

By that time, I was no longer simply leaking... the dam was cracked and I could not stop crying. My sweet Vietnamese roommate listened, encouraged and gave advice. I tried to get it together and washed my face. We had dinner, studied, and eventually went to bed.

The next day was our class in Prophetic Literature. The prophet for the day was Nahum, a name which means "consolation."

After office hours, I was still at the library trying to get some academic work done, when lo and behold, my priest-boss said he was going to Las PiƱas. Do I want to come?  

YES!

I had dinner at home with my family, saw my sister without crutches (she is recovering from a fractured toe), and ate to my heart's content. My sweet mother dropped me off near the pick up point where I met my companions to go back to Tagaytay. 

That was the answer to my prayer. I reconnected with the people I needed to reconnect with. My homesickness was eased, my need to go home without spending was answered. Plus, I got pens for our planned activity on Sunday. Wow. 

Thank you, Lord. Sana I would respond to your lavish love with all the love in my heart--you deserve nothing less. Sorry for my shortcomings. Change me and make me yours completely.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment